South Butler County School District requires that students who participate in middle or high school athletics and activities or who drive to school be part of the District drug screening program. This means that in order to participate, students must have an initial baseline screening done before they can participate. The dates for this summer's screenings are:
July 17th - 3:00 - 7:00 PM
July 23rd - 8:00 AM - noon
July 24th - 8:00 AM - noon
Registration for drug screening will open on Family ID on July 1 at midnight.
Other information you may need:
1. The cost is $30 payable online or by check made out to SBCSD and turned into the Athletic Office.
2. Registration online through FamilyID is REQUIRED prior to being testing. The students and parent must sign the online drug testing consent form prior to testing.
3. Even if your activity doesn't begin until later in the school year, students are encouraged to have their baseline screening done on these dates.
4. Students who miss the baseline screening days will need to wait until a make up date, a random testing date, or pay an extra fee to go to Quest Diagnostics. Please be aware that make up dates and random testing dates may not occur prior to the beginning of practice for athletics.
5. The drug screening program is not limited to students who participate in athletics or activities or who drive. Parents who wish to enter their child into the program just need to register them for a date.